Adam Taylor Article Writer
If you have a marketable, in-demand skill and are great with customers, setting up a fiverr gig is a great way to start making money online. Plus, with freelancing on the rise, self-employment is contributing around £125 billion to the UK economy.
Knowing how to make money online, though, usually starts with planning how to promote yourself. That’s why, in this post, we’ll share how you can set yourself up as a seller on fiverr and use the fiverr app and platform to promote your business services.
Set up a successful fiverr gig
So, what is fiverr? As one of the world’s largest marketplaces for digital services, fiverr enables freelancers to post ‘gigs’ that advertise their services. Fiverr gigs offer a way to sell your talents and experience online to their marketplace. So, whether you’re a graphic designer, writer or translator, programmer, voice-over artist or animator, a fiverr login lets you join a convenient platform where you can promote your services.
Fiverr jobs or ‘gigs’ are your way to showcase at least one of your skills. You’ll need to set a price and then invite businesses to pick you up on your services by clicking on your gig. Be aware, though, that competition is fierce. So, you’ll need to put in some work to get some results.
To help you, here are some ways you can start selling on fiverr and set your gig up for success:
- Brand your business: First off, make sure you’ve created an attractive business brand. Use it to catch the attention of those clients you want to win. From logo design to winning slogans, these aspects will give you a strong foundation to promote yourself.
- Clarify your sub-categories: If you’re a digital marketer, it’s obvious what your primary category will be. But, with niche being the new norm, you’ll also want to include as many sub-categories as you can. Some of the most in-demand sub-category skills currently include WordPress and eCommerce.
- Use three packages: Fiverr gives you the option to offer up to 3 packages for your services, from Basic to Standard and Premium. As the name suggests, fiverr jobs were initially worth just that - $5. So, with another two tiers to work with, you can build in some extra services such as proofreading or site reviews to gain a higher rate on your gigs.
- Benchmark the competition: Like any successful business, it’s important to know who you’re competing with. Whether it’s on quality, speed, specialist services or something else, you’ll want to be sure you’re standing out in the crowd. Be clear on what makes you unique and include it in your gig and seller descriptions.
- Use SEO to optimize: When potential clients use the fiverr search bar or even Google to locate the best freelancers offering your services, they’ll use specific keywords. Optimize your fiverr gig once you determine which keywords you’re aiming for. So, if you’re a writer, that could be ‘content writing’ for example. Then, ensure they appear in the copy for your gig, your gig title and your seller profile.
- Add a video: Adding a short video clip to your fiverr gig can increase the rate of your orders by over 200%. So, don’t be shy. Use your smartphone to record a winning video, hosted by you, to showcase exactly why you’re the perfect person for the job.
But, before you go all out to promote yourself, try to get a few customers first and encourage them to leave you a positive review. Fiverr reviews will be the backbone of your brand perception, so ask for some kind feedback. There won’t be much point in promoting yourself if you don’t have at least something positive to show for it first.
Use free promotional tools
Once you’ve built a foundation for a successful online business, it’s time to promote yourself.
Before we get into it, it’s worth noting that 4bn people use mobile phones worldwide to access social media. And, with smartphone and social media use growing with each generation, 73% of marketers say social media has been effective in promoting their business.
Promoting your fiverr gig on social media may be easier than you think. It also could save you money. Using a simple two-step marketing campaign can be a very effective way to generate leads. This can be as simple as writing a few promotional words to talk up your services within some key social groups, then requesting members DM you (Direct Message) for more details.
To help you, here’s a list of the most popular social platforms to consider (in order of popularity):
- Facebook: Find and join Facebook groups where you believe prospective clients may need your services
- YouTube: Create a channel for your services and upload your videos. You can use the profile to leave a link to your services
- Instagram: More than 1bn people use Instagram, and businesses are doing so more than ever before. Use it to showcase your personality, expertise, and to build your network.
- Twitter: Twitter can be a very effective tool for freelancers. Follow the clients you’d like to work with, then start commenting on their posts. Build a relationship first and then approach them with an offer.
- Quora: Build your authority on Quora first, then include links to your Fiverr seller profile in the summary. Avoid overloading it with links or appearing too spammy.
You may also want to consider blogging about your services. Consider setting up a blog or otherwise get in touch with any contacts to see if they would let you write a guest post for them. Talking about your brand online, in any way you can, will help you succeed.
Use paid-for promotional tools
Of course, if money isn’t too much of a concern there are other ways to get fiverr gig promoted. Before investing in paid services, give careful consideration to the end result. Make sure you’re clear on exactly what you’ll get which, in most cases, will be a fast-track to getting promoted in the right way.
Hire a gig promotion expert on fiverr
That’s right, you can even set up a fiverr gig to offer services that promote other fiverr gigs!
When searching for gig promoters on fiverr, make sure you consider what they’re offering. At the lower rates, many will help you to optimize your gig for the benefits of SEO. They may focus on optimizing your title, tags, the description of your services or even the image. Consider this a basic approach because where you will benefit is by having a targeted approach. In other words, your expert should know exactly how to promote you on the social media channels we’ve mentioned above.
Use Fiverr’s Promoted Gigs
Another way to pay for promotions is to use fiverr’s support through Promoted Gigs. This is a new feature that will help your fiverr gig to appear in prime locations across the marketplace.
Promoted Gigs enable sellers to ‘bid’ for the amount they’re willing to pay if someone clicks on their fiverr gig. The higher you bid, the higher the CTR or Clickthrough Rate will be for your gig.
Fiverr is a worldwide digital platform with a huge marketplace for freelancers or business owners offering digital services.
With so many opportunities, you need to work hard to stand out from the crowd. This starts with getting the basics right. Make sure the content featured in your seller profile and fiverr gigs is well designed and optimized for search engines.
Also, try to get some positive reviews and high star ratings.
Then, it’s time for promotion. Usually, these fall between free and paid opportunities, both of which have benefits and drawbacks that you’ll need to consider.
Remember, though, with so many people using social media, drawing up a plan to promote your fiverr gig through these channels is a must. Before you know it, you’ll be on your way to launching a successful business online.