Editor Article Writer
What is Google Drive
Google Drive or Google storage cloud, is one of the best services in this space, offering anyone with a Google/ Gmail free storage tier. Developed by Google on April 24, 2012, Google Drive allows users to synchronize files across devices and share files. With the help of this service, users can store full-resolution photos in Google photos, send large email attachments. They can also back up important files from their computer or smartphones.
Google’s online storage provides you with a way to store and access your files whenever you want.
Why You Need Google Drive Storage?
By default, Google drives provides you with 15GB of storage space for free to use for everything associated with your Google account. (If you are using a paid G Suite account, your limit is higher; for a basic G Suite account it is 30 GB and for G Suite Business or Enterprise it is 1 TB).
That includes data connected to your Gmail account and Google Photos. With google drive, your data is safe, and you can access it from anywhere. And the best part is, you can share and synchronize files across devices.
How to Get Unlimited Storage On Google Drive
Method 1: Unlimited Storage on Google Drive via G Suite
Google’s online storage solution is great, but the data will eventually add up, and the free 15GB isn’t enough. That’s why Google offers users paid storage options ranging between 10GB to 30TB depending on their plans (personal and family plans). However, google storage pricing can easily get out of hand once you’re past the 2TB plan.
Google storage pricing is as follows:
- 100 GB: $1.99/month
- 200 GB: $2.99/month
- 2 TB: $9.99/month
- 10TB: $99.99/month
- 20TB: $199.99/month
- 30TB: $299.9/month
But there’s good news; you can receive unlimited Google Drive storage that’ll cost less than $99.9/month. To get unlimited google cloud storage, sign up for a G Suite account instead of using a Standard Google Account. The basic G Suite plan comes with 30 GB and costs $6/ month. It’s the most popular plan.
Business Google Suite Accounts costs $12/month and includes 1TB of storage. This might be lower than Google’s account 2 TB plan, but if you add six more users to the plan, your google space will increase from 1TB to unlimited. You’ll spend $40 less per month with Unlimited Google Drive Storage with five users since it costs $60/month, while Google Drive 10TB plans cost $99.9/per month.
That’s not all! Even though Google claims that G Suite Business accounts with five users come with unlimited cloud storage, they don’t limit storage on G Suite Business accounts with single users. This brings the total cost of unlimited Google Drive storage to $12 /month.
The following steps will help you receive unlimited Google Drive storage via a G Suite account:
- Go to the G Suite Website pricing page and choose the “Get Started” option under the Business column.
- On the next webpage, enter your business name. If you’re using a personal domain name, just enter your full name.
- Head over to the number of employees section and choose” Just You,” then pick your country.
- On the next page, input your first and last name and the email address you often use.
- Next, they’ll prompt you to enter your domain. Click “Yes, I have one I can use.” Confirm your domain and click next.
- When you finish creating your account, log into your Google Drive via your new account.
- In the left column, you’ll notice there’s no storage limit specified under the storage section.
- Next, upload your data to your G Suite Google.
Method 2: Unlimited Google Storage via edu email
In 2014 Google announced they wouldn’t charge education institutions a fee for using Google App like Google Drive via Google for education. Furthermore, they lifted the storage limit on their google cloud drive and added an extra 5 TB. So, if you have alumni status or you’re in college, you can have unlimited storage via Google drive. All you need is an edu email account. But what if you’re not a student or you don’t have an edu email? What will you do?
Don’t worry! Here’s how to get a free edu mail. If you need another method to obtain an edu email, click here. Once you’ve got your edu email, you can sign in to your google drive and receive your unlimited storage. But this is only limited to an edu email.
So how do you get unlimited storage for your non-edu email?
- We also got that covered. The steps below will tell you how to.
- Sign in to google drive via edu email. Next, create a new folder for your email.
- Right-click on the folder, you’ve just created and tap on the share option.
- Next, type the edu email and send it.
- Open google drive linked to the edu email with whom you’ve just shared the folder.
- Head over to the “Share with Me” option. There you will see the folder you created in your google drive.
- Right-click on the folder and tap the add to my drive option.
- Now you can upload your data in the shared folder in google drive on edu email. Also, you’ll receive unlimited storage for free.
Congratulations, now you know how to get unlimited storage on Google drive. We hope this article has been helpful. Enjoy your unlimited cloud storage!